Wednesday, June 22, 2011

an ode to a friend

let me go
let me go . bid me goodbye. allow my heart to fly

I don’t have forever to stay, not even long, for you know, my heart is dying. Chain me not anymore, let me go. The more I try to break free and the more you hold me back, the more that my heart dies. I am dying, I don’t have long.

The world isn’t mine, but allow me to see it again, maybe at least for the last time.

Perhaps you would never understand, but this isn’t just the place I ought to be. The world is calling me, stop pulling my hand. Someone once told me, sadness is a place, so whenever it dawns upon you, leave. I beg of you, allow me to leave.

I may not have forever to see, the dusk has come, give me this perhaps as a little consolation for a closing window. The light doesn’t last until sundown; let me go not in the night. I don’t have a hand to hold in the dark, the time is now.

I pray each night, may the dawn be my dawn. May the unfolding of the day, of each and every day be the day of unfolding that I have always been praying. You have had me two fortnights and day of two, the time has come, I beg of you.

Cage me not, please, I beg of you, let me go.
I have cried many a night and prayed in between, what else do I have to do?
Do I have to break the chain?

It hurts to, but allow me to leave, for that is the only way that my life moves on.
The more you beg of me to stay, the more that I die.
It may not seem right, but leaving is the only way out. Let me go.



Keeping me is killing me. Keep me, and I’ll die.

Let me go, let me go.

___________________________

An Ode to a friend
6.21.2011

5 comments:

  1. you're saying two things.. let you go and never let you go.. ano ba talaga?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's the irony. thing is, this isn't simply about my current dilemma :)) my underlying thoughts yan about something that i think is pulling me down, something that i wish would let me go, pero sana hindi din ganun kabilis. adik lang no? hhhehe...

    basta as of now, hands up muna ako :))
    let His will be done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha.. truth is, alam mo naman talaga what you really want.. you are just (maybe) wanting to be assured..

    sige lang.. darating yun.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hhehhe, ikaw na ang psyc :))

    but yah, ASSURANCE's the perfect word :))
    thanks ate :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so, do you really need an assurance pa when you know too well what you want?... :)

    ReplyDelete